3 Expert Opinions – Search Engine Journal, Google, and SEOMoz tell you what you should ask an SEO Company before hiring them.
Important Questions To Ask Before Hiring An SEO | Search Engine Journal
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – Google Webmaster Tools
Some useful questions to ask an SEO include:
Ten Question Litmus Test for Professional SEOs | SEOmoz
- Which is more likely to have a positive impact on a page’s search engine rankings and why – 10 links from 1 website or 1 link each from 10 different websites?
- Explain the difference between the following items and how the search engines treat them – 301 response code, 302 response code, canonical URL tag and meta refresh.
- How can the meta robots tag impact how search engines crawl, index and display content on a web page?
- Who are the top 2 search engines (as ranked by share of queries) in the following countries – the United States, United Kingdom, Russia and China?
- Name at least 3 elements critical to ranking well in Google Local/Maps/Places search.
- What aspects of social media marketing have a positive impact on search engine rankings (apart from the value of direct links from the social sites)?
- List 5 tags/locations on a page where employing a target keyword can have a positive effect on search engine rankings.
- Describe the distribution of search query demand and what is meant by the “fat head” and “long tail.”
- Name 6 tools/sources that will display a list of external URLs that link to a webpage.
- What are some ways to positively influence the ratio of pages a search engine will crawl and index on a website?
- BONUS! Describe the concept of topic modeling and how modern search engines might use it to improve the quality of their results.
Answers to the SEO Professional’s Litmus Test | SEOmoz
In the answers, you’ll also see citations to sources for the answers.