Friday, 13 December 2013 16:06
According to Google, Impression Share is “the number of impressions you’ve received divided by the estimated number of impressions you were eligible to receive.” In other words, Impression Share percentage is the size of the pie that you received in comparison to the whole. You may wonder “How can I increase my Impression Share?”…and that is the purpose of this article.
Here are a few ways to help increase your overall Impression Share:
- Increase Your Campaign’s Budget: You should remember that your campaign’s budget is what will determine how often your keywords will enter an auction, and in turn show your advertisements.
- Increase Your Bids: By increasing your bids you increase the opportunities that any given keyword will be eligible to enter an auction.
- Decrease Your Regional Targets: by decreasing your regional targets and narrowing in on your niche areas you can also see an increase in your impression share. However, it’s important to not exclude locations that have historically good data as you are now reducing your size of the overall “pie”.
- Increase Search Ad Quality: Here are a number of tips…
- Include Prices and Promotions in your advertisements
- Use Call to Actions like “Call Now”, “Sign Up Today” or “Purchase…”
- Include well performing keywords in your ad text, most notably your Headline.
- Make sure your ad text is relevant to the text on your landing pages.
These are just a few things that you can do to help improve your overall Impression Share.
Written By: Ed Cehi – PPC Manager