“Fish where the fish are” really does sum it all up. It’s brilliant simple and easy to remember and relate to.
- Research – Learning where the fish are.
- Planning – Getting ready to go fishing – got your rod and reel? The right Bait?
- Implementation – Actually going fishing
- Evaluation – Did you catch anything? Oh and in Marketing the “one that got away” is not as cool of a story
Fishing in the Pay Per Click realm:
- Research – What Keywords are likely to convert. What is our potential searcher looking for? What message is likely to attract them.
- Planning – How are we going to lay out the campaign? What are the landing pages going to look like? What messaging will get the visitor to become a conversion?
- Implementation – Time to do all the work we identified in the planning phase.
- Evaluation – Gotta have tracking in place – We need to know how successful we were and we need to apply that knowledge and data to our future efforts. Close the loop on this information and apply it to your future campaigns.