Entrepreneurs who wish to sample the sweet taste of success quickly are often drawn to “sure bets.” Most would agree that no business venture is guaranteed to be successful. However, choosing from white label turnkey business opportunities with high success rates will reduce the risk.
Experienced entrepreneurs agree that choosing from a list of businesses that are ready for immediate sale and operation can be a lucrative business model. The process is often appealing to those who have little time to spare on the learning curve and get-started phase. Turnkey businesses require fewer startup costs. Most have been thoroughly researched, and they often have large followings.
To get the best return on your investment, it is a smart idea to choose from white label turnkey business opportunities with low failure rates. Having an established history is one way to minimize risk.
So, what does “white label,” mean in this discussion? In short, it means outsourcing much of the work in exchange for separating yourself from part of the revenue. Reducing the level of responsibilities can make the turnkey business owner more productive in developing more clients.
To successfully choose one of the most enticing turnkey business opportunities from the list offered in this article, consider when you will need to be able to start making money. Consider what your client base will be in the near future. If you want predictability and consistency on how much money you make, choose a turnkey business opportunity that is proven repeatedly to deliver profit.
Consider these initial steps:
- Evaluate the business opportunity to make sure it meets your requirements and concerns.
- Make sure you can own or operate the company in your area.
- Find out about the turnkey business opportunity’s status and if there have been any changes since you read the description.
- Check on similar businesses and measure their success rate.
If you are unsure of whether to invest in a turnkey business opportunity, then contact the company for further information. It is important to make sure the company will act in your best interest.
Naturally, the list of turnkey business opportunities is a limited one. However, the following are some of the more notable turnkey businesses:
Franchise & Owner-Operator Business Examples
- Vending Machine Route
- Consulting Business
- Daycare Center
- Limousine/Shuttle Service
- Digital Marketing Partner
- Personal Trainer
- Window Tinting
- Handyman Service
- Pet Sitting/Walking
- Home Staging
- Drop-ship E-commerce store
- Carpet & Floor Cleaning
- Food Truck/Catering
- Delivery Service
- Lawn Care/Landscaping
- House Painting
- Pool Cleaning
- Window Cleaning
- Multi-Level Marketing
As a rule, it is cheaper to go with a joint venture than it is to buy an existing company outright or as a single-owner business. Some examples of this are listed below:
There are other turnkey businesses that exist in various industry categories. It is important to understand that turnkey business opportunities vary in their details and requirements. Understanding these differences will help you make an informed decision on what sort of turnkey business opportunity best suits you.
A question you should consider is your motivation for getting a business started. Is maximum income a priority? Passive income at any level? A balance of income, work, and life together?
Another factor to consider is whether you would like to operate independently, or if you would rather have a manager for your business. Another decision to be made is whether you prefer working with, or without, a sales team. Do you want the worry of in-house accounting? Or do you prefer to rely on an outside bookkeeper?
When evaluating your needs, keep in mind that it is easy to change your mind on business decisions later. “Buy and sell” opportunities are often available in the turnkey business market for those who are looking.
In addition, most turnkey businesses have websites and social media accounts that can be optimized immediately for marketing purposes. These include websites, Facebook pages, YouTube channels, and similar marketing tools. However, these can be updated according to your needs in the future as well. The value of social media marketing has been proven.
And, as an added benefit, it can be lucrative if you make the most of it early on!
Of course, all this is easier said than done when starting a new business from scratch. Fortunately, there is a good supply of turnkey business opportunities that have already been created in the past and are now available for purchase or sale. You can increase your confidence in the company by looking at their social media pages and customer reviews on various business forums such as Google, Twitter, and Facebook.
From the list above, let us consider those whose up-front costs would be the lowest, just to see if there are any diamonds in the rough.
- Consulting Business – Leveraging your own professional experience can be rewarding. The startup does not require much capital, except for a computer, printer, and phone. However, marketing costs will be considered once your circle of influence has been exhausted. Income potential is excellent, though it is dependent on your personal capacity to perform the work. Also, clients may be hard to come by initially.
- Digital Marketing Partner – Digital marketing is dependent on computers, software, and special analytic tools. Experience with absorbing data and using it to create marketing plans would be helpful. These would be conducted to meet client goals. Income potential is good to excellent but limited by your own capacity. However, becoming a White Label Digital Marketing Agency partner opens a broader door to income. In this scenario, another company does the time-consuming work, while your effort is focused on generating leads. Income is virtually unlimited, and the initial cost can be less than $500.
- Personal Trainer – A good opportunity for health and fitness practitioners, a personal trainer can be well-compensated for their time with clients. Investment is minimal, as many will meet clients in a gym. Some credentials may advance success by establishing a bond of trust with new clients. Income is limited by the amount of time one can spend in the gym with clients.
- Pet Sitting/Walking – For animal lovers, this could be a perfect income opportunity. The hourly rates can be excellent, ranging from $25-100/hr. There is, however, travel time between clients, and typical assignments are short in duration and term, making gross income a concern. Repeat business, however, is a strong possibility if you have a reputation for good service.
- Delivery Service – For those of us who already own an automobile or van, this opportunity is broadening daily. Many delivery services are managed by online apps like Uber Eats, Grubhub, DoorDash, and InstaCart. These software-based dispatchers can link the driver with jobs, but at a cost that makes doing the work profitably a big question. After factoring in the expenses of maintenance, fuel, insurance, wear and tear, and even the intangible cost of personal risk, the reward may be simply too slim. Be sure to check with your auto insurance policy underwriter to be sure you are insured in case a mishap occurs while on delivery.
- Window Cleaning – Aside from some basic supplies like cleaners, sponges, squeegees, a ladder, and a bucket, the up-front cost of running a window cleaning business should not be too intimidating. There are plenty of commercial businesses who prefer a clean storefront, and even residential customers balk at doing this chore themselves. Challenges include marketing the business, and potentially, getting over the fear of heights (depending on how high up you are willing to go—the median annual income for a skyscraper window washer in Miami, FL is about $45k). Of course, compensation will be stalled by estimates, travel between jobs, billing, and supply shopping.
- Multi-Level Marketing – The ubiquitous pitch of an MLM “opportunity” is often incredibly alluring. Many have indeed amassed great wealth by participating in this marketing practice. Participants make more money by adding new “downline” reps than by the sale of products, but there is frequently a “start-up” bundle of products that are required to begin.
What Works Today?
Today, people looking to earn extra cash are heading toward online side hustles. The speed to productivity, and thus earnings, is incredibly quicker in most cases than even traditional turnkey businesses or side jobs. One can turn on a computer and start a business in minutes. The low overhead can be significantly appealing, too. Instead of needing storage for inventory or tools of the trade, for many entrepreneurs, it is already present in the home office.
Still, there are choices to be made and many characteristics of online side hustle that might attract or deter one from jumping in. One of the best ways to evaluate the options for making extra cash is researching each opportunity and scoring it for the benefits and challenges each present. This itself can take time, and there are all too many self-serving “Side Hustle” articles on the web that attempt to promote one from which the publisher stands to benefit.
One of the more complete comparisons I have seen is, “Best Online Side Hustles of 2022.” It features a thorough description of each of twenty-two different online opportunities, lists the pros and cons in generous detail, and adds a unique scoring system that can make narrowing down the choices easy. Depending on one’s desires, skills, and willingness to forgive certain downfalls specific to side hustle, the scoring makes it incredibly easy to filter out the right candidate for your efforts.
As far as scaling up your new business, do not forget to mind your marketing. Most turnkey businesses and online side hustles will benefit from digital marketing. Consult with a digital marketing agency that specializes in website SEO, a Local SEO Reseller, Google My Business (local businesses thrive when this account is well-managed), social media management, and even PPC (pay-per-click) advertising. When the time comes, consider a white label turnkey business partnership that can take on the added strain of growth. You can really join the “Great Resignation” of 2020-2021 and do it your way—if you choose carefully and “do it” the right way.