Last Updated on March 23, 2021
The year 2020 has been extremely stressful for many people and companies. We had a very successful year as an internet marketing company. Many of our clients also had a successful year during these most trying times. This post is about just one of those clients who set record sales numbers for the year 2020. Most of their success was attributed to their search engine optimization marketing campaign.
About The Client
This client is an industry leader in the supply of commerce solutions for both online eCommerce platforms and brick-and-mortar stores. This client has been a client for search engine optimization marketing since 2016. They also maintain their website in several different languages as seen below:
- US English
- UK English
- DK Danish
- FR French
- BE French (Belgium)
Each different language is run as a subfolder on the main domain and each different language subfolder has its own internet marketing team. Quite a moving target to manage from a search engine optimization marketing viewpoint as each team has its own viewpoint on search engine optimization methodologies that have conflicted with and had negative impacts on the main domain over the course of the management of this search engine optimization marketing campaign. Many, but not all their end-to-end unified commerce solutions, services, and products are listed just below:
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Solutions
- EDI Trading Partner Integrations with over 92,000 Trading Partner Maps including, but not limited to Amazon, Home Depot, CommerceHub, Walmart, Target, Costco, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Ace Hardware, Kroger, Cabela’s, and More!
- EDI for Suppliers
- EDI Solutions for Retailers
- Web-Based EDI
- Integrated EDI
- EDI for 3PLs
- PDF to EDI Integration
- Supplier Enablement
Business System Electronic Data Interchange Integrations
- Infor VISUAL
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management, 365 Business Central, AX, GP, NAV
- Multichannel Order Manager (M.O.M.)
- QuickBooks Enterprise, Pro, Premier, Online (QBO)
- Sage 100, 300, 500, X3, Intacct, Business Vision (BV), 50 US Edition, Pro, PFW
- SAP Business One, ECC
- TrueCommerce Nexternal
- Multiple Supported Marketplaces – Amazon, eBay, eBay Motors, Newegg, Walmart, Shop.com, Facebook, Google, Overstock, Rakuten.com, Wish, and More!
- Amazon Seller Integration
- B2B eCommerce Platforms
- B2C eCommerce Platforms
- B2B Mobile eCommerce Platforms
- Order Management
- Point Of Sale Software
- Apparel Specific eCommerce Platforms
- Automotive Specific eCommerce Platforms
- CBD Oil Specific eCommerce Platforms
- Coffee & Beverage Specific eCommerce Platforms
- Craft Breweries Specific eCommerce Platforms
- Dental Specific eCommerce Platforms
- Health & Wellness Specific eCommerce Platforms
- Home & Garden Specific eCommerce Platforms
- Medical Supplies Specific eCommerce Platforms
- Non-Profit Specific eCommerce Platforms
- Skin Care Specific eCommerce Platforms
- Specialty Food & Gifts Specific eCommerce Platforms
- Sporting Goods Specific eCommerce Platforms
- Wine Club Specific eCommerce Platforms
Inventory & Fulfillment Solutions
- Drop Ship for Suppliers
- Drop Ship for Retailers
- Pack & Ship Solutions – Web-Based, Multi-Carrier Shipping Solutions
- Product Information Manager (PIM)
Collaborative Replenishment / VMI Solutions
- Replenishment Solutions
- Scan-based Trading
- Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI)
This listing contains many of their products and services but not all. As you can see there is a broad spectrum of different topics, products, and services and thus applicable keywords that have to be managed. We manage and track 790 keywords for this client. Of these keywords:
- 122 result in position #1 in the Google Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) with an average monthly search volume of 7,680
- 376 result on page #1 of the Google SERPs with an average monthly search volume of 152,120
- 643 result in the top 100 positions in the Google SERPs with an average monthly search volume of 686,040
The account over time has grown to +4,076 net positive keyword movement since the inception of the campaign in January 2016 as shown in the image below. SEMRush has this client’s global keyword count posted at 170,000 keywords ranking in the Google SERPs with an average monthly search volume of 6,600 searches per month as seen in the image below.After this marketing campaign, this client certainly has a good footing in their keyword space Click To Tweet
The Road To Success
Late in the year 2018 the client’s management team decided to create a new look and feel for the existing website due to launch in August 2019. The new website would also include new products developed by the client or were obtained through acquisition. The first step in this process was for the client to develop new content across the board. New content for the new products and services and re-writes of existing content. During this process, the client was instructed to use important keywords in the new content for internal linking purposes.
They then allowed us to fully review this content for search engine optimization marketing based on our important keywords and most current ranking specifications regarding meta page titles, meta descriptions, and h1 tag usage. We created unique meta page titles and meta descriptions for each page. Advised on the creation of proper h1 tags to include the page’s primary keyword and usage of h2 tags, h3 tags, and bold tags. We also advised on the placement of nofollow tags on links pointing off-site. Our content review and search engine optimization marketing efforts begin in April 2019 and concluded before the scheduled August 2019 launch.
If you’re interested in potentially hiring a marketing company, you should read up to make sure you know what is white label SEO and then consider allowing us to work with you.
The Successful Result Of The Search Engine Optimization Marketing
The client missed their mark of the August 2019 launch thus extending the launch until February 2020. At launch, we saw a boost in visitor traffic until the Covid 19 shutdown which impacted most everybody’s traffic in March 2020, except for my disaster preparedness client who sells all sorts of emergency sanitary supplies and also has great ranking results. In May the client’s traffic started to pick up and far exceeded 2019’s visitor traffic throughout the year. This is mostly due to the impact that the Covid-19 pandemic had on the supply chain and brick-and-mortar stores switching to online eCommerce solutions. The interest in the client’s solutions, products, and services was at an all-time high.
We had the client in the right place and just at the right time with the right keywords in the right place to drive this increased organic search visitor traffic at the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic shut down. This can be seen in the image below where the blue line represents organic search visitor traffic for 2020 compared to the orange line which represents organic search visitor traffic for the year 2019.
Conversion Data for the Search Engine Optimization Marketing
We saw almost the same results in their conversion data but with a twist. The leads were more qualified throughout the year 2020 than we have ever seen since beginning this search engine optimization marketing campaign in January 2016. This resulted in a growth of just over 39% in overall leads year over year. Since the traffic was more focused, the closed business growth resulted in their best year on record since being established in 1995. This can be seen in the image below where the blue line represents organic search visitor conversions for 2020 compared to the orange line which represents organic search visitor conversions for the year 2019.
The client has been pleased with their results for the year 2020. They will be reporting their final sales numbers and increases for 2020 during the first quarter of 2021. We as a company were very pleased that we were able to be a team member that provided these results. All in a year where businesses were failing around the world due to the limited commerce marketplace access or not being prepared due to the covid 19 pandemic.
If you find this interesting, feel free to read up on why SEO is important for web developers and marketing agencies to get a better understanding of the importance of the work that was done for the client.
How Did We Get Here?
- Proper planning and execution
- Knowledgeable Interactive Client
We look forward to continued success for this client. If you are looking for improving the growth of your online presence through search engine optimization marketing, then contact one of our professional sales representatives today.
Interested in search engine optimization marketing for your business? You should consider using our white label services. Feel free to let us know what you think of the article and if it helped your business.